Thursday, March 16, 2006

Venting.

I just had my first bad day here. Actually it was only a bad afternoon. But on the bus ride home from work I wrote a "venting"-type blog entry in my head. But I've decided to just write a few random happy things about today instead.

My iPod
Salsa dancing
"Comfort drink" (soy chai) from Gloria Jeans after a hard afternoon
Pretty rain
Remembering my umbrella
Sweet bus driver smiling and saying, "That coffee sure smells excellent" (I was so glad to hear someone say something nice, that I didn't have the heart to tell him it was tea)
Dan helping me out at work
Radio, newspaper and TV showing up at the event in Dubbo today. Promises from all 3 on tomorrow's event as well.
Talking to "Captain Starlight" on the phone (Dave) and him telling me that he felt like a celebrity with all the media there
Voicemail from Lauren L, email from Krista
Being able to really know that this internship is from God and that it's so good for me


The pics on WebShots take FOREVER on my computer. Are y'all having trouble viewing them as well? Let me know. Here's one more of Sam, me, and Dana.









Currently I'm watching the England vs. Australia rugby 7s game. It's probably one of the biggest matches of the Commonwealth Games. There's no telling how much those crazy people in Melbourne paid for tickets. Rugby 7 is insane- to me it's basically wrestling, football, and full-contact soccer with no padding or helmets! All those sports will seem boring, slow, and over-refereed after watching this. I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. I can't wait to go to a game.
I would like to say, however, that these guys' rugby shorts are entirely too short.

Cheers!
Mich

(England just had a major breakaway and now they're winning 12-7)

Comments:
michelleeeee i tried to call you at what technically was about 12:30 am on Thursday morning... so 4:30 pm Thursday afternoon your time, right? anyway, your phone was off or something. i'm sorry i didn't try back, it sounds like you might have needed to vent some. anyways, expect an e-mail soonish! loooove lauren w
 
I discovered in Germany that the really bad days were what made the good days that much better. Hope you're having a good day today. BTW, have you happened upon an Aussie "delicacy" called VEGEMITE? I understand the Australians are quite keen on it. I tried it once under some rather exotic circumstances and it was...uh... Well, try it for yourself and you'll see what I mean. :)
 
Hi Michelle! It's me, Casey, Mr and Mrs Stubbs (Jeremy is late, as usual...something about hanging out with the youth - that slacker!). We miss you, and Mr. Stubbs lets us read your blog every Thursday night before Bible Study! Hope you are well and we are praying for you and your new internship!!!
 
You're so accomplished, Michelle. What with tree planting and body surfing and tv station calling and all...and now you're into rugby. I can't believe it. I'm so glad you found the coffee shop and I'm planning on going home this weekend so I'll get calling cards and be able to call you! I guess that means I'll have to figure out the time difference - thank goodness for my handy dandy clock daddy got us.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?