Friday, March 31, 2006

You know you've been in Australia for awhile when...

... you read the phrase "it looks like I got three mummies standing out there" and think it's talking about mothers. You have to read the sentence in context two more times to realize it's referring to actual mummies.

... you can effectively use "mmmm" to mean both "yes" and "no" in the same conversation.



Some more pictures are up on Webshots. A lot of them didn't turn out because I was using my kodak instead of my nikon (because it was rainy), because the lighting was no good, and because you can't stop mid-staircase to take pictures. I didn't take time to put captions on them and I don't think they're in order either.

Also, I remembered to make my pictures smaller, so know it's much easier to put them on this blog. So for those of you who complain that there are never any pictures of me in Oz...



















(Sadly, my Saturday hike contributed to the first hole in these jeans. I have had them for over 6 years and they have served me well.)


















Goodnight and have a great weekend.
-Mich

Comments:
michelle! i love your pictures so much, they are adorable. it was great FINALLY getting to catch up today. sorry for using all the minutes up! go get your paper done!
 
Hi, Michelle, it sounds like you are having the time of your life from which you will have many happy memories. Are you taking English classes there? I think I'm a little fuzzy on what you are studying. Have a great weekend!
 
Michelle!! The pictures are great. Keep them coming. Thanks for the card, picture and the brochure. The brochure was informative. Sounds like that is a good program. We have made it through two weeks of retirement already and i haven't run out of any thing to do yet. Thanks to You know who and YOUR MOTHER. HA HA. I am enjoying every minute of it. We love you. Gran Ola and Grandaddy.
 
update! i need one, por favor
 
I just caught up on your happenings. I try to soak up all in info and feel likeI am there and hearing you in person. I know your family and friends that are coming are really getting excited as well as you. You are a very precious young lady and I thank the Lord you are my niece.
Love you so much,
Aunt Vicky
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?