Thursday, April 06, 2006

An update, for the sake of updating

Travelling is so addicting. I was extremely restless last weekend but did manage to get a good start on all the work that needs to get done before I go on mid-semester break next weekend. Not much to write about.

Rachel: Nice to hear from you! I'm working on a double major in music and public relations. Here at Macquarie I'm taking an upper level music elective and a non-fiction writing class. I'm also doing media relations internship for a nonprofit organization.

Granddaddy and Gran-O: I'm so glad y'all are enjoying my little blog. Last week I watched a cute little documentary that Starlight made about our organization. I have a copy of the DVD so maybe y'all would like to see it. Please don't work Granddaddy too hard now that he's retired!

Congradulations to my big brother for buying a house and for growing up. Amy Lane and I will now be taking applications and conducting interviews for those of you who may be interested in this most eligible bachelor.

Sara: Perhaps you can look forward to more interesting updates after this weekend...

Friday: Homework in the city with Teya. "The Importance of Being Earnest" at the Sydney Opera Playhouse with some of the gals.
Saturday: 2 hour train ride, Grand Staircase and Ruined Castle hike in the Blue Mountains.
Sunday morning: possibly Manly beach with Catie, Andrew and others.
Sunday afternoon/evening: church with Karyn, hanging out with all her Aussie church friends

A bit of randomness:
-I pass a courtyard covered with birds of paradise on my way to work. I love it.
-Soon I will write a post about my morning bus driver. I love him too.
-My favorite nighttime snack is 2 bananas, peanut butter, a cuppa (tea), and a ginger cookie.
-Teya, to me earlier this evening: "You're not American. You're Texan."
-Today at work I felt like I was misspelling everything: Center- centre; traveling- travelling; hospitalized- hospitalised; check- cheque. Thankfully, Nicole knew it was American spelling, not incorrect spelling.
-It was about 65 degrees (F) this morning and so many Sydneysiders had their heavy coats and scarves on. They do not like winter here. (Felt more like spring to me).
-Yesterday morning I accidentally stole a cup of coffee. (I didn't realize it till last night. When I went in this morning to apologize they just laughed and said they didn't even notice. (it's always the same 2 guys every morning before work, so I guess they know me.)
-My family sends the best care packages ever. Opening a CD full of articles by Spurgeon, Ferguson, and the like was almost as good as Christmas. =) And my sister sent an awesome hat that I wear around my house almost constantly.

She also sent chai chocolate that I am going to get out of the freezer right now.


Cheers,
Mich

Comments:
oh yay for you posting! :)
 
The other I was thinking about you and wondering how you're doing... then I remembered you telling me about this blog right before you left. So here I am in my computer class, reading all about your adventures. I'm glad you're having an awesome time! Be good! I miss you!
 
Hi Michelle! We missed last Thursday night, but it gave Jeremy enough time to get his act together and tonight he's actually on time!! Hope all is well and congrats to Walt on his new home! - Thursday night crew
 
tsk tsk, you should send ME a message

Dudley
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?