Friday, May 12, 2006

"yay"s

You know you've lived with your flatmates awhile when your conversation goes something like this...

Teya: My stomach is just being weird today.
Me: I want to buy some rice to eat at home.
Kristen: Why are the planes flying so low today?
Teya: I have brown rice at home.
Kristen: Do we have brownie mix?
Me: I saw a plane flying low this morning too.
Teya: You can just use some of my brown rice.
Kristen: Chocolate helps my stomach feel better, not worse.
Teya: Did you hear about that movie?

Now THAT is a good conversation.

Typical NZ picture:


yay sheep.











Yay for dinner at the mall with three of my flatmates, and for movie nights with all of us sitting around in cumfy pants, hoodies, drinking hot chocolate, and debating whether or not the convenience store down the street sells brownie mix.

Also yay for my sister reminding me that Texas is also beautiful in its own way. I've started making lists of wonderful things waiting for me in Texas/the States. They are not limited to, but include:

family, thursday night group, CTK
free tomato sauce (ketchup)
baseball games!!!
Mexican food, food with taste in general
coffee shops that welcome laptops

Everyone leave me some more, it's definitely not a cumulative list and I'm working to make it longer. I've been here three months and I'll be home in three months. I can't believe I'm exactly halfway.

Comments:
michelle i wish i was there. i'll give you five dollars to trade places with me... please?
 
it's really green in houston right now,
so trees
your car
your younger sister making you laugh
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?