Sunday, June 04, 2006
short stacks & jukeboxes
Last night, Amy and I went into the city to meet some of her friends from America who were passing through Sydney. We showed them around a little bit, and of course ended up at Pancakes on the Rocks. (This is quickly becoming a weekend ritual for Amy and me). We sat downstairs at a long table eating wedges, sour cream and sweet chili sauce until our (amazing) pancakes came.
Halfway through my first pancake someone upstairs put on some country music. And not just universal pop country, but real old classic country, one song after another. It was one of those things you don't realize you've missed until it's back. I completely zoned out of the conversation and started singing to my pancakes (maaaaayyyybe i was dancing a little too). After awhile, everyone noticed I was just kind of on my own down at the end of the table. Amy turns to them and says, "She's from Texas."
:)
(On a more -or less- serious note, tonight I'm going to bake bran muffins. ha! I've been looking forward to it all week. Really.)
Halfway through my first pancake someone upstairs put on some country music. And not just universal pop country, but real old classic country, one song after another. It was one of those things you don't realize you've missed until it's back. I completely zoned out of the conversation and started singing to my pancakes (maaaaayyyybe i was dancing a little too). After awhile, everyone noticed I was just kind of on my own down at the end of the table. Amy turns to them and says, "She's from Texas."
:)
(On a more -or less- serious note, tonight I'm going to bake bran muffins. ha! I've been looking forward to it all week. Really.)
Comments:
<< Home
How hot is it there? Today has been very hot here, but we were out and about some after doing yard work early. Good to hear what you are finding to do there. Gran-O and Gran Daddy
aww michelle i DO miss you and i DO wanna hang out and i DO wanna see you!
i don't have to put that on a xanga survey though, it's just a given ;-)
COME HOME! i dreamed you did it was fun. it was kinda like hanging out...
Post a Comment
i don't have to put that on a xanga survey though, it's just a given ;-)
COME HOME! i dreamed you did it was fun. it was kinda like hanging out...
<< Home

