Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Socceroos!!!
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
OI OI OI
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
OI OI OI
AUSSIE OI AUSSIE OI
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
OI OI OI
oleeeeee ole ole oleeeeeee
Australia has scored their first goal ever in a World cup game. I was walking through the city this morning and mixed in with all the businesspeople going to work were some die hard fans running down the sidewalks waving scarves. Everyone is very pumped.
I didn't see the game which is truly horrible and extremely embarassing. (Apparently, our telly only picks up three stations, none of which cover the world cup). But, I've seen so many replays on the news, I feel like I've almost seen the whole thing. Seriously, each news hour covers the game at least three times. Once from Germany (showing all the great plays and Aussie fans in Germany), once from Sydney (same plays shown again, plus Sydney fans standing outside Circular Quay), and once from Melbourne (same plays shown AGAIN, plus the CRAZY celebrations in Melbourne). It's really funny, because they're all the same. We just can't get enough of those last 6 minutes of the game. If you missed it, you need to see that game. They're calling it one of the top 10 sport moments in all of Australian history.
Bring on Brazil, baby.
(don't worry, Walt. If it comes down to the US vs. Oz, I'll put on my USA hat that Ames sent me.)
oleeeeeee ole ole oleeeeeeeeee.......
OI OI OI
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
OI OI OI
AUSSIE OI AUSSIE OI
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
OI OI OI
oleeeeee ole ole oleeeeeee
Australia has scored their first goal ever in a World cup game. I was walking through the city this morning and mixed in with all the businesspeople going to work were some die hard fans running down the sidewalks waving scarves. Everyone is very pumped.
I didn't see the game which is truly horrible and extremely embarassing. (Apparently, our telly only picks up three stations, none of which cover the world cup). But, I've seen so many replays on the news, I feel like I've almost seen the whole thing. Seriously, each news hour covers the game at least three times. Once from Germany (showing all the great plays and Aussie fans in Germany), once from Sydney (same plays shown again, plus Sydney fans standing outside Circular Quay), and once from Melbourne (same plays shown AGAIN, plus the CRAZY celebrations in Melbourne). It's really funny, because they're all the same. We just can't get enough of those last 6 minutes of the game. If you missed it, you need to see that game. They're calling it one of the top 10 sport moments in all of Australian history.
Bring on Brazil, baby.
(don't worry, Walt. If it comes down to the US vs. Oz, I'll put on my USA hat that Ames sent me.)
oleeeeeee ole ole oleeeeeeeeee.......
Comments:
<< Home
Hey Michelle! Have you missed us? We were on a Bible-Study hiatus for a few weeks, while Jeremy was out with the youth at their summer missions trip. Anyways, Ms. Stubbs wants to know if you've passed all the classes you supposedly went over there to take. The rest of us want to know when we're getting our Timtams....
Post a Comment
<< Home
