Saturday, November 25, 2006

never say "never"

I do not like pointy shoes.

I have never wanted a pair of pointy shoes. I think other girls look awesome and fashionable in pointy shoes; even my sister looks amazingly gorgeous and unrelated to me in her dark jeans, pointy heels, and pink sweater. But I have never wanted a pair for myself.

So I've reached the point in my life that requires me to own a suit. While I was not excited about shopping for "man-clothes," Lauren, Amy and I found two knock-out, fun, on-sale, suits that are both professional and very Michelle, which is an amazing accomplishment for any designer.

However, when I tried on the brown tweed pants (that I am in love with), Amy and Lauren informed me that they would require brown pointy-toed shoes, and that if I bought these pants, I would have to buy my first pair of pointy shoes. I completely disagreed and persuaded myself that once I got them in the Dillards shoe department I'd be able to persuade them otherwise.
This is why I shouldn't go shopping with TWO friends/sisters. Because they will gang up on me and I will succump to peer pressure. There were a series of arguments that led to me buying my first pointy-toed shoes. It went something like this...

"My feet already look too long without the pointy toes."
--"These actually make your feet look smaller."
"But I'm not profesional enough to wear them."
--"Yes you are. you're growing up"
"But i don't want to grow up"
--"You don't have a choice."
"I really don't feel old enough to wear those."
--"You're old. you have to be an old, boring, professional lady."
"But i really don't like them"
--"It doesn't matter. We don't care."
"Awww....look at these cute heels..."
--[silence]

So. I have a pair of pointy shoes and everyone seems to love them. Except for me.

(But I might return them when Lauren and Amy go back to Waco on sunday. Don't tell.)


In other news:

This weekend....
...we discovered that i don't use my left-hand pinky when I type.
...my brother disected my old laptop.
...I needed a camera phone on several funny ocassions.
...I fell in love with my sister-in-law-to-be.
...I started grad school applications and stopped coughing.
...I had cinnamon coffee at the Buffalo Grill.
...my grandfather made me blush.
...there was much car singing and dancing.

I love Thanksgiving.

I do not love pointy shoes.

Do you?

Comments:
i do not love pointy shoes either. but everyone else certainly seems to.
 
Ah, yes. You have again confirmed that what inhabits you and me are what some may call "kindred spirits." Pointy shoes on others = Way cool. Pointy shoes on my feet = nuh-uh.

p.s. Have you forgotten that you are such an old lady already?
 
Just call me "call girl." :) All you have to do is say the word and shazam! I will tell Husband about it.
 
I can't seem to find a pair of pointy shoes that looks good on me either. weird.
 
don't worry; i hate pointy shoes as well. although, lately, i find myself thinking "cute" more often when i see other girls wear them. if you don't return yours, maybe i'll buy some too, and we can hate our shoes together. =)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?