Sunday, January 14, 2007

Meaningless update of happy things

Yay for vacation...

Lots of time with Amy before her sorority stole her away from me and took her back to Wacotown. Time with my NEW sister, too, and my big brother, which is always a treat. And lots of flashcards, sushi, movies, talking with Lauren before she went back to being an amazing student.

Scuba diving in Cozumel. Besides being insanely sick the first day, the diving was crazy fun and I got much more comfortable and addicted. I reaaaally want to buy a Lady Hawk BCD and my own regulator ASAP. After only a 35 minute first dive, I was pretty proud of matching and then exceeding Basim's bottom time. =) Cayman's my next destination. I'm tied up during spring break but I absolutely MUST go this summer.

Less than 24 hours after I got back from Cozumel I flew to Phoenix to surprise a friend. She's been so stressed and emotionally drained for about a month now, and I hated that I couldn't be with her. So her fiancee and I schemed up a very spontaneous surprise visit and when I walked in her door, there was much hugging and crying, and of course the usual late night talking.

This has been such a healthy vacation for me. Crazy busy stressful madness is about to begin, but now I feel able to face it.

So this is a meangingless post, but I'm feeling soooo thankful to God for my sisters and girl friends, large tanks of air that allow me to spend time 60 feet underwater, and a wonderfully flexible job that allows me to indulge in these beautiful things.

Comments:
Congrats on the trip. Sorry I couldn't make it. But sign me up for the Caymans.

Once you've mastered your technique you'll be a bottom-time diva. You have physics and physiology on your side. The rest of us will remain the "Air Sucking Dogs" that we've always been.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?