Monday, February 12, 2007

tag?

So I got tagged by Mike Hon and am supposed to say six weird things about myself and tag six people to do the same. But I'm not totally qualified to play anymore because I waited too long and all of my blog friends have already been tagged by other people. =( Maybe some old xanga friends want to play our game? Lauren W or Dudley or Kathleen?

But in the spirit of the game I'll go ahead and post.

1. I listen to country music on Saturday mornings. Occasionally I'll listen to it on other days, but it just seems like the right thing to do on sunny Saturday mornings in Texas. Till about noon.

2. In my Bible study group, it's a widely-known fact that I want to marry an orphan with absolutely no family. It sounds horrible, I know, and it is a horrible and selfish thing to want. But it would be the most ideal situation because I would never have to spend holidays away from my own family and do that whole "your family this Christmas, my family next Christmas." I hate that, and as much as I love my new sister-in-law and her family, I'm not looking forward to sharing my brother.

3. I do a lot of things while brushing my teeth. Organize my desk, clean my room, homework, check my email...

4. Weird pet peeves: string players not starting spicatto from the string in orchestral music, people leaving their windshield wipers on a high setting after the rain has let up

5. I love "old people" food. Squash casserole, green bean casserole and corn casserole are some of my favorites. And baked beans. I used to eat so many baked beans at my grandmother's house that my whole extended family refers to them as "Michelle's beans."

6. I think most people will agree with my reasoning on this last one, but when I said it, three people responded in unison with "that's weird," so I guess that qualifies it for this list. We were discussing a guy who is looking for the perfect time to propose to his girlfriend and someone suggested Valentine's Day. I said, "If a guy proposed to me on Valentine's Day I'd give the ring back and say 'Sorry, try again tomorrow.'"

Comments:
i DO want to play tag but i can't think of anything weird that people don't already know. i'm boring!

if it's warm on saturday lets go to the beach and try to convince our pale beings to get tans. yes?
 
oh, that's ok, I'm boring too. I don't think any of these are that surprising or incriminating. =)

I'll be out of town this weekend, but sunshine sounds like a good plan...
 
Proposing on Valentine's Day has be in the Top Five Lame Ways To Pop The Question, along with:

1. On a scoreboard at a sporting event. Unless you met/bonded over that particular sport, this is a signal that he's going to be ignoring you in favor of ESPN for the next 50 years.

2. On your birthday/Christmas. This is an attempt at gift consolidation. Anniversary + birthday = one gift. Bull. Crap.

3. The ring in the glovebox. See no. 1 above: unless you spent a lot of time bonding in the car (wink, wink) this just smacks of a lack of creativity. Pretend that you don't see the ring box and read the owners manual instead.

4. In a food item. Salad, soup, or burrito, it's gross and it's bad form. It's probably a health code violation, too.

5. V-Day. Already covered, but bears repeating.

Honorable mention for anything that deliberately makes a scene in front of friends/family. Make it private, make it special.

Not that I have any experience with this, but whatever.
 
Good stuff, Mich. Don't forget that you can ask Diana to play (since she didn't respond to my invitation so far).
And I have to agree with the don't-propose-on-Valentine's-Day-thing. There are 360+ days of the year that are fine, but that one is covered with enough cheese already. And I'd agree that hiding a ring in food (or drinks) is a bad idea. Why risk accidentally injuring her before you actually get married?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?