Thursday, August 23, 2007

Mirrors

I think I'm in the right place. My little sister affirmed this yesterday when I told her that one of my professors used to be Pink Floyd's booking agent. But my first clue came when Stephanie and I were talking in the kitchen last weekend...

As I listened to her explain why and how she left visual art "performance" to pursue arts admin, I could feel that heavy feeling that comes into your chest when something affirming happens. What a beautiful thing- to hear the words you've spoken over and over again to yourself now spoken aloud in someone else's voice. We were starting and finishing each other's sentences and it felt like I was looking into a mirror.

My class of 24 is a motley crew of artists-turned-business administrators. We're just enough artist to be in love with the arts and understand how artists work, think, and feel. But in the end, we're more devoted to promoting art in society and helping other artists than creating it ourselves.

There's much more to talk about (Sarah's birthday party/our house-warming party, my extremely loveable dean, biking in the rain, the Performing Arts Center, Chicago trip planning, etc...) but those things aren't nearly as exciting as just knowing that despite all the blind decision-making and doubting, God is sovereign and so good. And He's definitely put me in the right place.

Comments:
What a lovely gift affirmation is. I can totally identify.
And if you're planning trips to Chicago, come and see me in Wheaton!
 
Be sure to let us know when you do decide to go to Chicago. Whether or not any of the Houston crowd is able to go up there, we can act as your city guide or something.

How'd you like that use of the royal we?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?